SEND is a non-profit community development
corporation created by residents to revitalize the near southeast
side of Indianapolis and to enhance the quality of life of its
diverse spectrum of residents.
SEND accomplishes this mission through five areas of activity:
1. Creating and maintaining quality affordable housing which
enhances the historic fabric of the neighborhood and empowers
the poor through the creation of community and family assets.
2. Expanding and creating opportunities for neighborhood businesses
to grow and prosper.
3. Partnering with other organizations to create and implement
programs which enable residents to develop the capacity to succeed
in a changing society, with a special emphasis on youth.
4. Beautifying and enhancing public areas and facilities, as
well as upgrading the efficiency of the neighborhood's infrastructure.
5. Serving as an advocate for the interests of the entire community.